Why must creationists insist on a literal Creation when other parts of the bible are clearly not literally correct?
- There are two distinctly different versions of Creation in the bible. A literal translation would mean choosing between Genesis 1 and Genesis 2. They are mutually exclusive stories.
- Genesis 1: Light, Water, Earth, Sun & Moon, Plants, Animals, Humans.
- Genesis 2: Earth, Water, Man, Plants, Animals, Woman.
- Job 38:4 says Earth has a foundation.
- Job 26:11 says heaven is supported by pillars.
- Leviticus 11:23 says that insects have 4 legs. That is a clear biological error because insects have 6 legs.
Will not believing a literal translation send you to hell? Even one of the world's leading creationist says, "No, belief in the historicity of Genesis is not essential to our salvation." - Duane Gish, Creationist*
Ancient Hebrew Earth
*From "Creation Ex Nihilo" 11(4):21-23 Sept.-Nov. 1989